Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

SONG OF SONGS: Divine Chastisement (3:1-5)

DIVINE CHATISEMENT
(3:1-5)


3:1; By night on my bed I sought the one I love. I sought Him, but I did not find Him.

On my bed I sought: We see God dimly to cause our faith to grow. Specifically when we don’t feel His manifest presence. (1 Corinthians 13:12-13)

The one I love: Her sincere yearning heart is truly to be taken fully in the love of Christ Jesus. ( Ephesians 3:16-19 )

I sought Him, but I did not find Him: The dark night of the soul! Jesus turning His face from us just a little bit. This causes us to not only learn how to discern His manifest presence, but also builds in us perseverance. ( Colossians 1:9-12 )

* Because she did not rise and go with Him in the last section, He removes His manifest presence from her. Now she misses Him, and she longs for His presence to be near to her. The Lord will never leave us nor forsake us(Hebrews 13:5), He is constantly pleading our cause to the Father. Jesus always lives to make intercession for us. ( Hebrews 7:25 ). The Lord has promised that no sin will ever pressure us so much that we cannot bear it( 1 Corinthians 10:13 ), the Lord is brilliant in this aspect. We disobey Him, so He turns and takes His manifest presence away. Then we desperately miss Him, and we give ourselves to fasting, with weeping and mourning(Joel 2:12). Proverbs chapter 2 and Ephesians 1:17-19. We desperately need to be in constant seeking of the knowledge of God! This builds longevity and perseverance. As well it cleanses and restores the soul( Joel 2:25, Psalm 23:3 ).


3:2; "I will rise now", I said, and go about the city: "In the streets and in the squares I will seek the one I love." I sought Him but I did not find Him.

City: Co-operate church. ( Hebrews 12:22-24, Ephesians 5:29 )

Streets and squares: Speaking of the intensions of the people. She feels less protected, but she longs to be where Jesus is. God is searching with a longing heart for those who seek Him diligently, with their whole heart ( Isaiah 64:7 ).

* She finally decides to be obedient and to rise and find her beloved Savior. She has decided that no matter the danger, no matter the cost, she will seek the one that she loves. So she runs after Him! Her search begins in the church. Although some of the intensions of the church are carnal, she sees past them so that she might find Him. God is raising up this same cry today, that we would desperately seek Him in this hour of confusion. Who will go up to Mt. Zion? Who will see the Holy of Holies face to face? Who will obtain eternal salvation and the glory of the Father forever? Those who have been purged and refined! There is only one way to the Father, through the Son. She is letting the Holy Spirit grip her inner being to the core with the knowledge of His truth. Don’t think that because you are a new convert or a weak convert that you are not able to obtain the knowledge of God. Its what you were created for.


3:3; The watchmen who go about the city found me; I said, have you seen the one I love?

Watchmen: Elders of the church. Spiritual authority, and leaders.(Ezekiel 3:17,Isaiah 62:6)

Have you seen the one I love: One revelation here is the fact that instead of running to isolate herself she has the revelation of recognizing spiritual authority in the body of Christ.

* Again, she is 100% lovesick for the God-man Jesus Christ. Nothing will hold her back from obtaining the glorious gift of the finished work of that old rugged cross, not a compromising people, nor a compromising leadership team.

* The watchmen are called by God. Read Ezekiel chapter 33 for a good ideal on what the Lord expects from His watchmen! God has placed watchmen on the wall(Isaiah 62:6), they will never hold their peace day or night. Intercessors with burning hearts. Lovesick worshippers of the most high God. Every man, woman and child are called to know the times and the seasons that they are living in. If no one cries out, if no one preaches that which is the better blood then that of Abel. Blood is crying out from the ground, there is a coming time in history when all chaos is going to break across the earth. The Lord always tells His prophets before He makes a move. So be ready lest the blood be on your hands for staying silent! ( Proverbs 31:8-9 )


3:4; Scarcely had I past by them when I found the one I love. I held Him and would not let Him go. Until I had brought Him into the house of my mother, and into the chamber of her who conceived me.

Scarcely had I past by them, when I found the one I love: In response to her obedient heart to seek Him diligently. He returns His manifest presence to her.

Mother: Church…. She is sharing Jesus with the co-operate church.

Chambers: Fond places in life.

* Matthew 11:12; The kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. Like Jacob we must wrestle earnestly with tears and supplication. With this new found revelation she goes and tells everybody. We need a prayer life or we will burn out and fade away without the slightest notion we are backslidden. She is proclaiming to the people that we can have communion with the Father through the helper, the Holy Spirit. We must take heed to this calling lest we have other reasons for being in the church. Its better to have not known of God than to have known God and taken Him lightly. Revelation chapter 3:15-16; I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are luke-warm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.


3:5; I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem. By the gazelles or by the does of the field. Do not stir up nor awaken love until it pleases.

I charge you: Authority

Gazelle: Fast, swift.

Daughters of Jerusalem: Immature converts.

Until it pleases: ( Until God pleases ) Do not distract her from the love of God!

Do not stir up nor awaken: Do not disturb her form what God is doing to her in this strategic season.

* We are charged by the Lord, do not distract anyone from a season of intense intimacy with the Lord. The Lord will awaken her in the time and place that He desires. The Lord does very strategic things in our hearts during these seasons.(Psalm 138:8). Jesus guards our hearts in these new seasons, pouring upon our hearts things that are key for the advancement in our maturity with God. The Lords chastisement is divine correction, not rejection. It is rooted in His affection for us, and it leads us into the maturity of God.

3 Ways divine chastisement affects our hearts.
1. He humbles us, causing us to be aware of our need for Him.
2. He alerts us to problems. So that we may come to Him and be cleansed.
3. He awakens in us a deeper hunger for the knowledge of His love and tender kindness.

No comments: