Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Brief Testimonial

I was born in Mattoon, Illinois on march 8Th, 1984. I lived with my mom up until the age of 7. After spending a brief time in foster care i was taken in by my biological father, and was relocated to Florida. I was very sheltered under my father. Under very strict watch of every action, I spent the better majority of my childhood grounded to my room. I grew up with no religious structure nor did anyone in my family attend church. Personally, at that time in my life I had no clue what the bible talked about. But i was convinced it was created to turn pagan societies into controlled pagan societies. Making reason in my own soul at only 10 years of age i decided I was an atheist.

In 2003 I graduated from high school. On April 18, 2003(which fell on good Friday that year), my father past away at the age of 42 from cancer. This gave me a freedom to do what i wanted to do for the first time in my life. I could do as I pleased with no authority to stand in my way.

Again i want to be brief. I spent the next year and a half as a godless zombie, controlled by drugs and the lust of my flesh. I became a drone caught up in an endless cycle of death.

On September 25, 2004 I gave my life to our beautiful Lord and Savior. From this moment i entered in to the depths of spiritual warfare over my own soul. Over the course of that 1st year i relapsed on 3 separate occasions. It isn't easy to fully submit yourself to the Living true God, to utterly deny every way of life that fits into your comfort zone.

Since early 2005 Have done several things such as a 6 month internship at the International House of Prayer called ''Fire In The Night''. Spending several hours in biblical studies and 6 hours a night in the prayer room. Set up similar to the Tabernacle of David.

In 2006 I lived out in Tauranga, New Zealand. Being blessed enough to be apart of the very 1st internship at the Tauranga House of Prayer.

On may 30, 2007 my little brother(19) past away from an accidental overdose. I have been at home since June 1, 2007 and will be returning to Tauranga, New Zealand on January 8, 2008.Check Spelling

In a journey that started nearly 3 1/2 years ago. Through the first 20 years of pain and hardness of heart, as well as all the deceiving lies that have been spoken over me to believe. And now the last 3 1/2 years more pain and more hardness of heart, this one thing speaks true. Through it all I long for the Son of the Living God. I want to be utterly obsessed with the passion of my Jesus. This is why i live, this is why i breath. My trial and pain have only caused this wounded heart to expand and love with a deeper capacity. Thank you Jesus!!!

No comments: