Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

IWT S.Korea Update 4

Tonight Team Xtreme broke through strongholds in Kim Young, a town on the Eastern side of Jeju Island. This is a place known for animism and worship of the "god of the sea". Many widows live in Kim Young, having lost their husbands to the infamously treacherous seas off the eastern coast of Jeju. During the second world war masses of Japanese and Koreans lost their lives with much bloodshed and injustice; locals say this is the hardest place spiritually on the Island. Kevin preached a very direct message of total and utter surrender to the Lordship of Jesus in-between strength feats. God was working deeply in peoples lives throughout the evening and many came forward to give their lives to Jesus for the first time. We praise God for the breakthrough that occurred tonight!

Testimonies:
A 6 yr old girl had suffered from double vision from the time she was born. As she was prayed for the team, her eyes became normal and she could see properly for the first time.

A 46 year old woman had been suffering from lower back pain for many years. She could not sit for more than one hour without immense pain. As she was prayed for, the pain left.

I'm so happy I came to the show tonight with my younger brother. I have never seen anything like this. I made the right choice, and now I feel great! I'm going to bring my sister to the next show because she doesn't know God!" - Sun, Jae Jun (23)

Stats:
Attendance 1,000
Recorded decisions 83 (Many more unrecorded - estimate: 200)

Next Events:
Sunday 23rd May Island Breeze Church Based Outreach, Dong-Nam Church - 7pm.
Monday 24th May All Teams Move to Seogwipo, the second largest city on Jeju Island.

Please pray for the local links. It seems to be an ongoing challenge to get decision cards filled out, so that we can do effective discipleship. Discipleship programs have begun in Jeju City, with many turning up to events put on by local christians in order for new believers to find a place of belonging.

Thanks for Praying

Josh Cole
On Behalf of IWT Korea Leadership.

No comments: