Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Cross & Personal Suffers: Part One.

This really is not meant as a direct teaching; its more of a response to things that I have been feeling. I am going to send out several more just like it. Feel free to respond or add on to things!

For reference please meditate on the book 1 Peter.

I am finding that there is something ever so sweet in relation to suffering in the context of the cross of Christ. I have for the most part, when my inner anguish stirs, repent; yet all the while, I, without really taking ownership of the underlining circumstances, developed a since of resentment toward the daily suffers that one must undergo as a Christian. What it really takes to actually die for the sake of other heart to be preserved.

Questions like: Why or woe is me attitudes would arise. I am all alone! No one else on earth seems to feel this way! Something must be wrong with me. Am I seriously screwed up emotionally and mentally?

I believe the main reason lies within the walls of resentment for having to carry the cross. We see all our friends living in the world, seemingly having joy, ETC! If no one else is doing this, than how or why am I responsible?

I am certain that for whatever reasons that lie dorment within each of our hearts we create these or buy into these lies that cause us to resent our obligation as followers of Christ. I am also certain that this is a plague that is creating lifelessness in the pews alike. God has awakened something in my heart in the last year that I have no real words for. I don't think I have really figured it out yet; but, I do know that it is setting me on a journey of complete fixation and obedience to the cross of Christ.

Christ without the cross is no Christ at all. Give me Christ crucified or nothing at all. This is the means by which I have hope. The gospel is Christ and His crucifixion! Think for a minute upon the mere pleasure of God to send His Son Jesus to suffer and die upon that tree-for us! Think about the core reality of a heart burning in jealousy-lovesick to the point of death on a tree! Think upon Jesus-Humble, meak; led to the slaughter as a lamb. Jesus, with one word could have siezed the earth. Yet, He said nothing, nor complained as He was ripped to shreds, mocked, crucified and made the scorn of the earth. He is a living testiment to the fulfillment to Isaiah 53- A man of sorrows!

No charge can ever be brought against this Man-Yet He became a curse so that our transgressions could be blotted out-forever. The testiomony of the cross is the consummation of perfect love!

"If all the rivers of human love did run together, they could not fill such another ocean of love as was in the heart of Jesus, the Savior". Charles Spurgeon

So then how might I find an affectinate relationship if my soul is in anguish over bearing the cross? The Lord has been revealing to me that the more I seek the fascination and the beauty of His attributes the more I move closer to Him the further away from my sin and my problems do I move.

I feel as though that I must stay here in the writings of Charles Spurgeon!

"Mark then, Christian, Jesus does not suffer so as to exclude you from suffering. He bears a cross, not that you may escape it but that you may endure it. Christ does exempt you from sin, but not from sorrow. He does take away the curse of the cross, but not the cross of the curse; rememeber that and expect to suffer"!!!

"Dear friend, if you think that you suffer all that a Christian can suffer, if all of God's billows roll over on you, yet remember, there is not one drop of God's wrath in all your sea of sorrow. Jesus took the wrath, Jesus carried your sin, now all you carry is but for His sake so that you may be conformed to His image and that you may aid in the gathering of His people into His family"!!!

So this is what is on my heart! I believe the Lord has set me free of a few strongholds this past year! I believe that He has set me on a journey that will ultamately be the hardest, yet most rewarding road that I can journey down!

No comments: