We are heading for Suragauy City this Monday. We will be riding in the back of a Jeepny for like 15 hours. Our time here in Davao has been incredible! I wish I had the time to tell you everything; I will tell a few stories in this email. Suragauy is a rule island, so Internet is not very likely to have on a regular basis.
Like I said above, Davao has been incredible. The staff here at YWAM Davao put most of us all to shame when it comes to hunger and servant hearts. I am very blessed to have been apart of what they are doing here in this city. There is no way to communicate how overly blessed we have been treated here at the base. Not only have they served us here, they have also come alongside of us in our outreach programs. Their hunger and passion is taking affect in us, and our boldness and confidence to preach and do what ever it takes to reach some of these broken lives is affecting them. Last night some of them bold stood up and proclaimed the Gospel. One girl proclaimed that she was far to shy, but the Lord used her powerfully last night. I am convinced the issue that we are not good enough is universally crippling the saints.
We need a revelation of God's great love and power working in us by His great power and not of ourselves. It is the Cross that awakens truth and sets people free from their sin and condemnation. It is the Cross of Christ or my preaching is in vein! Self help group meetings need to see the end of their weak life! I believe we are making people worse sons of hell with self help teachings that leave all their confidence in their ability to perform rather than equipping them with something that will motivate them to walk in the Spirit; not by might, but by the Spirit of God! I am seeing so many people here have life changing experiences. Lots have said that even though they have strived to walk in the Spirit they end up stuck in the chains of works.
Many of these broken people know the bible better than any birth raised Christian in America; yet they have never really known freedom through the Cross! That you are free from the bonds of death, yes we were all deserving of death! But we have been reconciled to God through the atoning blood of Christ Jesus! You don't have to let your sin destroy you! Will you sin everyday? Yes. But why is it that we let our lives sway back and forth because of our shame and inability to do what the Gospel calls us to? I believe with all my heart that it is in direct connection with our lack of knowing and living the way of the Cross. We need a revelation of what the Cross did for us. Do you not yet know that with out the Cross we are dead and can do nothing. But, for our sakes, Christ hung on a tree so that all things could be done through you by the hands of the blameless servant. We are the workmanship of Him! Created for good deeds by the hand of our God! The Cross changes lives because it is not what flesh and blood can do-it is only by the works of Jesus and the Spirit of God that hearts can change. it doesn't matter how good you are at being a Christian; it only matters that the Spirit of God has caused your heart to come alive and that you are obedient in the little that He puts before you. God is a good good Father!!! He will redeem those who put their trust in Him. He has promised to sanctify you and I. We are the children of God! And every son in whom the Lord receives, He chastens and scourges. When we realize that we are ineffective at accomplishing anything without the Spirit of God, that is when we become most effective for God to pour out His Spirit upon us.
So the greatest gift that could be offered this year and every day of this year is that which testifies to your freedom and that which glorifies God! It is Christ crucified or my hope of eternal life is being robbed! It is Christ crucified or I am stuck relying on myself to accomplish what is impossible for man to accomplish. It is the Cross that brings forth the Holy Spirit and it is the Spirit that will cause you to come alive and to trust in Him who is faithful. We have no other hope. We can know everything about the bible, but if we miss out on this one point then we will never glorify God effectively! Yet our only hope is that the Father of glory, in His mercy, would shine light upon this with clarity. The hour is urgent my friends. I pray continually that the Lord would prune us and fill us anew each day!
Ministry Story:
We were in a slum called Agdao last night. Last week as a team we communicated the message of the Cross! This week I was asked to give a word! The Lord highlighted Romans 8 and Joel 2! Some 40 youth and adults were there. We secretly brought food and clothes to give for Christmas! The Lord gave us some prophetic words. It was really awesome to see everyone flow with the Spirit and forget about our program! The Lord really moved as more than half came forward for prayer! Several of us spoke boldly in the prophetic. Lots of tears.
Pray for these ones, that genuine conversion would take place. Alter calls are awesome. But my prayer is that the Lord would really grip some of these guys and girls, that He would set them apart as prophets and apostles! I believe that the Lord is going to pour out a revival in Agdao that will go forth into the city of Davao! Agdao is called "The Killing Fields"; the mayor has appointed men to go and kill young people who push or move drugs! We must pray for these ones, they are the poor of the poorest! They have no hope for anything! They are all numbing their pain through drugs. Some are prostituting and selling drugs just to get some bread on the table for their kids! In only two visits to this intense little city the Lord has used our team mightily! Not only for the locals but also for the team that are ministering long term here! Praise God for sending a bunch of weak broken kids! Not by might or power, but by His Spirit alone we are seeing the things in which we cannot normally do!
Weirdly enough! Someone got us an interview on the Christian radio station! So today we all went and spoke boldly on live radio! I believe the Lord is doing great things here!
it will be hard to leave on Monday for Suagauy city. But I know that the Lord has something big for us.
Please pray for Tristan Glas! He has some weird mosquito virus! It is not life threatening, but he slept for 72 hours and is in the hospital at the moment! Pray for our strength and health. Pray for further unity with in our team. Mass progress and healing is a daily event.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year! If I get the chance to send something before the New Year I will do so. I love you all and wish that I could see and talk to you. Pray for me as I spend the holidays away from family.
No comments:
Post a Comment